What is Roman Glass?
This is characterized by the luminous colors which you can see within the glass with your naked eye. Most common colors are purples, aqua, blues, and pinks. It was first created in the first centuries during the Roman Empire, when glass-making techniques were revolutionized by the introduction of glass blowing. The glass created before had bluish-aqua tint to it and was used mainly for bowls and vessels in all shapes and sizes.
Caring for Roman Glass Jewelry
If you happen to own a piece, like in a form of cufflinks, or a historic-glass-on-a-chain, or a pair of stunning earrings, here are a few crucial guidelines to caring for your Jewelry:
- Do not get it wet with water. Always remove any jewelry before you take a shower.
- No swimming with jewelry on
- Don’t let it come in contact with any kind of hair and body spray as well as perfume.
- Don’t lket it come in contact with lotion and cream.
- Don’t touch it as much as possible.
Like we said before, the glass – which is made up of organic matter - continues to react with its environment. Just as other elements affect the glass in the past, they may still continue to do so in the present. When cleaning your jewelry, just polish the gold and silver parts with a clean cloth and avoid the glass. The best thing to do is to give the jewel to a specialized jeweler and have him clean it for you.
To sum it all up, the best way to take care of your Roman glass jewelry is to always handle it with care, because believe it or not, you're handling a piece of ancient history.
- August (5)
- July (8)
- Glass Bead Colors for a More Enjoyable Bead Making...
- Glass Beads For All Around Fashion
- The Value of An Ancient Glass Bead
- The Best Way to Care For Roman Glass Jewelry
- See Your Watch Glitters With Glass Beads Bands
- Choosing Glass Beads Color For Jewelry Making
- The Basics of Glass Beads Making
- Glass Beads for Glass Jewelry Pieces
- Earrings Made of Glass Beads Supplies help Glam Up...
- Timeless Facts of Fire Polished Glass Beads
- Rosary Glass Beads - Discover Its History
- Choosing the Right Color for Your Glass Beads
- Bring Back Those Ancient Glass Beads and Gemstones...
- Glass Beads: Timeless and Classic
- Surprise Your Friends With a Beautiful Glass Beade...
- Glass Beads on Your Purses
- Make Your Yuletide Season Beautiful With Glass Bea...
- Long Lasting and Enchanting Faceted Glass Beads
- Glass Beads Jewelry, The Roman Style
- Glass Beads Supplies For Less
- Beading Supplies Can Dazzle Your Scarves and Shawl...
- Glass Beads Rosary - How to Make Your Own
- Decorative Glass Beads In Exchange For a Slave…
- Glass Beads – How to Photograph Them Right
- Glass Beads Jewelry – Discover How To Make Them Mo...
- Glass Beads Beyond Jewelry
- Complete Your Glass Beads Supplies When Bead Makin...
- The Evolution of Glass Jewelry
- May (4)
- March (1)